Join the Cycle Lab Active #MyOwnTdF19 Challenge, powered by Wahoo and get strong with us this July! It’s really quite simple and there is no entry fee. Just follow these steps:
If you aren’t already a member, join the Cycle Lab Official Strava club HERE.
Once you’re signed up, here’s what you need to do:
- Ride at least 5 days during 2019 Tour de France (outdoor or indoor) & upload the rides to your Strava profile.
- Follow the official Cycle Lab Strava page and join the #MyOwnTdF19 WhatsApp group for communication purposes.
- Share your Strava rides to the #MyOwnTdF19 WhatsApp NUMBER directly (0835004534) - This must be done daily.
- Share your Strava map/ride/pic of your daily rides as a post on Facebook or Instagram (or both) with the following hashtags: #MyOwnTdF19 #CycleLabActive #Wahooligan
While we’ll all get some proper cycling conditioning during this challenge, those that complete at least 5 rides during the 2019 Tour de France go into a draw to win prizes from Wahoo and Cycle Lab worth over R30 000!
For each ride you do and share as per the rules, you get one entry into the draw for the amazing prizes! You must do at least 5 rides to qualify. The more rides you do, the more entries you get into the draw!
- You must ride on days corresponding to a Tour de France 2019 stage, starting on Saturday 6 July and ending on Sunday 28 July. There’s a maximum ride total of 21 rides in 23 days. The full route and stage schedule is here:
- If you’re riding on all 21 stage days, you can rest on the two Tour de France rest days.
- If you’re riding on all 21 stage days, you cannot make up any rides you have missed, no matter what the reason. Plan ahead, get the support of your family, try stay healthy.
- What comprises a ride? A ride counts if you complete at least 45 minutes on an indoor trainer/bike or at least 60 minutes on an outdoor bicycle ride. That’s it. Any less will not be considered a ride. So be sure your devices are charged and working properly and that you aim to go a bit longer, just in case…
- In order for us to keep track of your rides, you need to share your Strava session directly to the #MyOwnTdF19 WhatsApp NUMBER as a PERSONAL MESSAGE. To share your Strava session, simply open your session, hit the ‘share’ icon and select the WhatsApp icon.
- The WhatsApp group that you join is where we will communicate with all participants. We will also monitor your daily social media posts via the hashtags. Make sure you get all three hashtags correct: #MyOwnTDF19 #CycleLabActive #Wahooligan
- The Competition is only open to those that live in South Africa.
- First prize: A Wahoo Kikr Core indoor smart trainer worth R14999!
- Second prize: A Wahoo Elemnt Bolt Ltd Edition worth R4999 + a Wahoo Swag Bag worth R2000! (combined value of R6999)
- Third prize: A Wahoo Tikr X Heart Rate Belt worth R1299 + a Wahoo Swag Bag worth R2000! (combined value or R3299)
- All those that follow the rules and complete at least 5 rides will go into the draw for the above prizes. So, everyone has a chance to win!
- For photographic creativity: A Cycle Lab shopping voucher worth R2500!
- An additional lucky draw prize for all those that complete the full 21 stages: A Cycle Lab shopping voucher worth R2500!
- For any queries, send a message via the WhatsApp Group (0835004534) to Sean or Michelle.